Monday, February 4, 2019

B I N G E E A T I N G

B I N G E 
E A T I N G

Are you a binge eater? Have you caught yourself licking the bottom of a popcorn bag (or insert your favorite food(s) of choice) and not even remember eating the entire bag?  Popcorn is my kryptonite and if it is in my house - I have low control over not inhaling the entire bag.  {In one sitting.}

So many of us have been there πŸ™‹ and I know that it can be a tough cycle to break! But, let me tell you friends, there is FREEDOM in feeling satisfied and in control; it's not about deprivation!! πŸ™…
.
For me, popcorn has always been that "thing". I literally can't keep the stuff in my house - even the "healthier" versions of popcorn. I seriously can't stop and will literally eat the entire bag! Truthfully, it is one of those foods that I mindlessly will keep eating and my body won't stop from reaching for handfuls of the delicious popped kernels until it's all gone!  Do you have a food where you seem to have no control over? Or is it certain times of the day or month or year where your control with food is non-existant? 

Listen.  Even if it's a healthy food, too much of anything can set us back - because it's not just about calories, but proper nutrition is about fueling your body with a wide variety of nutrients.  Your body will run more efficient when it is fueled properly and has the needed items to allow it to function properly!!!  From sleeping poorly or struggling to lose those last stubborn 5 lbs all the way to hair/nail growth and skin clarity -- nutrition plays a HUGE role in health/fitness! And how you fuel your body will help not just with all of those things but also keep you healthy, perform effectively, and fight a variety of diseases! πŸ†πŸ πŸ“
.
In our latest podcast episode, Darren and I discuss ways to first of all identify binge eating disorder and who is at the highest risk, followed by ways to manage and form a healthier relationship with food.
.
I'd be lying if I said it was easy, but it IS possible my friends!! 

Here are some things that have helped me:

Stay hydrated πŸ’§
Eat adequate amounts of fiber πŸŽ
Identify your "kryptonites" and then clean house! πŸ 
Don't be afraid to seek help and get accountability - we ALL need it in some way!! πŸ‘­

A journey to better health is all about trial, error, and consistency, NOT perfection! Give yourself grace, know that it's a process, and watch your self-control and confidence grow!!


For more on BINGE eating - please listen to our podcast and let us know your thoughts below!
Your friend & coach,

Jen Delvaux 

P.S.
I am offering a FREE 2 day Beauty Guide & Flash Sale with all my FAVORITE health/fitness products and nutrition! Interested in checking it out? Request to join HERE and I'll plug you in once I officially open it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment