Friday, March 17, 2017

Who is cheating this weekend?

It's Friday - and it's St. Patty's day...let's be real here.  I live by the 80/20 rule...meaning, I'm on my health track for 80% of the time and I allow myself "cheats" about 20% of the time.  Sometimes it's more like 70/30 and other times, it is more like 90/10.  Point is; I LOVE being healthy and eating healthy.  I feel better.  I actually prefer healthy foods and options.  BUT, sometimes, I may have too much wine, chips and salsa, etc.  Here is the deal for today, for any Friday, any holiday, or any cheat times:

One cheat meal won't make you fat, just like one clean meal won't make you lean. You've got to practice self-discipline to have more "on" days than "off". The key is to find your healthy moderation, enjoy your life and meet your goals. You CAN have both.

1. NO GUILT. Savor it. Enjoy it. if you allow yourself to feel guilty, you're missing the point.

2. PLAN YOUR CHEAT MEAL. They should not bea spur of the moment decision.

3. DON'T FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT PORTION CONTROL. A cheap meal should not be a license to binge.

4. LIMIT YOUR CHEAT MEALS to two times a week.

5. MOVE ON. Don't allow a cheap meal to be a trigger to more bed eating. Do it, love every second of it, and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment