Friday, February 17, 2017

#FlashbackFriday


Since today is #FlashbackFriday, I decided to share this post. First of all, I can NOT believe that I am sharing this picture. I've shared a before/after picture of myself before but I think that this one speaks even bigger volumes. I wasn't even going to share this picture because I am truly in shock over the person smiling back at me in it...

Many of you know a little about my story, I was overweight! I am open about that and have shared pictures of myself when I was heavier. But what I see & remember about this photo is much more than being overweight; it is my lack of confidence in myself and that I truly let myself go. It is a time when I wasn't even trying to try! I didn't care what I ate. I didn't care what I drank. It's truly shocking to look at this picture because I don't even recognize this person any more. As much as I may not recognize this person in the photo, I am proud of her. Because it is at this point when I decided to become a coach. Although I was probably at my lowest - in physical health and in confidence - I still decided to 'go for it' and started my health/fitness journey as a coach. I knew that my husband, family, and life deserved better. And, I knew that I deserved better. Did I have a perfect body (beach body?)? No. Did I have the confidence to coach? No. But somewhere in that person, I believed in myself just enough to at least try. And I am so thankful that I did! Coaching is not about physical transformations but about the internal. About gaining confidence in yourself, motivating others to do the same, and encouraging everyone no matter where they are in their health journey! It is realizing, no matter how small your inner spark may be, that you are worth it!

Are you struggling with your confidence? Are you ready to make a change - either physically or mentally? Are you ready to help and inspire others all while working on your own journey? Comment below "more info" OR Message me - I would love to connect and share more of my journey and what coaching has done for me. I know it can help you, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment