This picture was taken in September of 2011, 5 days after brain surgery. We were just getting ready to
board our flight home. It's crazy to think about all the events that took place after that flight, it was a nightmare & there were days I wasn't sure if we were going to make it through it.... It seems like that all happened 20 years ago.. it shocks me that it was such a few years ago. I honestly believe it is our positive attitude and beliefs that has gotten us to where we are today!! Cancer is not an easy battle! But we are fighters. Remember, if you are going through something similar or difficult... it can be a roller coaster of emotions... But hold on tight... It seems like life will never be the same again. But guess what?? It does get better. In fact, Darren and I are happier now then we were before he was diagnosed. I'm not saying its all perfect - we have our days! :) But we have learned to enjoy life every single day!!
SO, today's #ThrowbackThursday goes to my amazing husband! He's not your traditional weight loss transformation... He's got that "I'm kicking cancers ass and winning transformation". I couldn't be more proud of him. You know he was given a year and a half to live, right??? The cancer he still has (they weren't able to get it all), shockingly has not started grow yet... I say yet... Because unfortunately it will start grow.. We just don't know when. The doctors said usually within 2 to 3 years.... Well it's been over 5!! He defeats all odds! He is my hero!
How does he do it?
1. He does NOT let cancer define him. The term "cancer survivor" does not apply to him. He does not just "survive" he "lives".
2. He wakes up every single morning with the most incredible attitude! It's not that he doesn't think about having cancer everyday, but he chooses to make it a great day!
3. When he is having an off day (forgets why he's in a certain room or what he's supposed to be doing or puts toothpaste in his hair instead of hair gel...happens a lot)...he laughs.
4. He eats healthy (80% of the time) and works out.
5. And most importantly...He laughs out loud EVERYDAY (sometimes all day).
Any questions? Interested in learning more? Connect with us on Facebook today! #LIVINGwithcancer