Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Go GREY in May #BrainCancerAwarenessMonth


IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GREY ON!! Why?? It's brain cancer awareness month!! I've worn the color grey everyday for the last 8 years for my husband Darren. Whether it's my nail color or something I'm wearing... You'll never see me without it. It's the color for brain cancer. The color grey has a HUGE meaning to us... It's a reminder of everything we have been through, our FIGHT, our roller coaster of ups and downs and how much we have grown because of it. We would not be the same people today if we had not been through that struggle. We look at it as a gift... It taught us REAL fast that life can be short. So we live EVERY. SINGLE. DAY without regrets!!!

That's not to say that we don't have our ups & downs. In fact, if you follow me on social media, you know that it's been a tough few weeks.  We did get some not so great news recently and made the decision for a 3rd brain surgery a few weeks ago.  If you know us, you know we are ready to take on any challenge head on [no pun intended]๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ‍♀️๐Ÿ’ฏ But this one has been a tough one... I spend every day trying to inspire people around me with my words and actions. Right now, I’m struggling with inspiration myself. In times of uncertainty, fear, exhaustion, and stress, it’s easy to fall back into old habits and unhealthy choices. This is real ➰ and it’s not easy!
.
But thank God for my sister, friends, and mom & dad who are here with us❤️ .  They have been the biggest support and keeping my sanity in check. They’ve kept me accountable in following all of Darren’s advice: 
1) Laugh out loud every day✔️ 
2) Take walks, get outside✔️
3) And don’t believe the prognosis✔️
And I’m adding a 4th.. get control of my emotional eating๐Ÿ˜ณ! Starting that today!  And, if you are under stress or simply just READY to control your eating/nutrition for whatever reason - PLEASE message me on Facebook as I have a clean eating group going NOW and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you join me & hold each other accountable as we get our nutrition back in check!  Message me HERE.

Five years ago Darren said, “I live every day of my life without regret and I treat every day like it’s the best day of my life.”
.
That’s what we’re doing today, and that’s what we’re going to keep doing tomorrow and all the days ahead of us❤️๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
.
Follow our journey  on my Instagram (Instastories) @jendelvaux!
Please share to spread the word!!
#GoGreyInMay
Your friend and coach,

Jen Delvaux


P.S. Check out this book, Anti-Cancer -- it is INCREDIBLE and I can't recommend it enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment