Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Hero

If you have been following me on social media - or recently from this blog, you know that I have an amazing husband, Darren. AKA: Mr. Worldwide. Darren has been fighting and winning brain cancer since 2011. At that time, did you know that he was given only 18 months to live?  Crazy right?

Darren's incredible attitude and his mentality about his diagnosis has been unreal. 
In his words, "After years of battling, I still don't accept my long term prognosis and I never will. I live every day of my life without regret and I treat every day like it's the best day of my life. I have learned that in life, you don't have to accept the hand you're dealt. Whether it's your health, your career or relationships, you are the one that's in control of the outcome. If you complain about your health - fix it. If you coplain about your job - fix it. If you complain about being wronged in your life or your career - it's on YOU to fix it. You are the only one in charge of how your life turns out. Nobody else. You have one life to live and it's up to you how you want to live it".

And, let me tell you - Darren Delvaux lives his life to his words every single day. 

He does go in for MRI's every 3 months and is proactive in caring for his health, his brain cancer, and well being. And we have been lucky - and defeated odds - to have his MRI's stay stable and safe all this time. 

Unfortunately, Darren started to have symptoms and not feeling himself. So, when we went in for his latest MRI, we were more concerned (if that's possible....no matter how you feel, or are feeling, it is scary and difficult to wait on results! #Scanxiety is real!).  And much to our knowing, we didn’t get the best of news from Darrens recent MRI results. We honestly weren’t shocked because of the way he’s been feeling, but we we’re still in shock if that makes any sense at all. 

We have a call into his surgeon at MD Anderson to get on the schedule. So we’ll keep you all posted when we figure out the timing of everything. Thank you so much for all the love and prayers. Btw, we’ll be giving the majority of the updates on my Instagram @jendelvaux 

Your friend & coach,

Jen Delvaux

www.jendelvaux.com

No comments:

Post a Comment