Monday, November 26, 2018

Why diets don't work...{revisited}


Did you over do it this weekend??
.
I ate a little bit of everything, but I’m happy I didn’t over do itπŸ™ŒπŸ». Do you allow yourself leniency with your nutrition or does your "diet" not allow it?

We come to you with this podcast right after Thanksgiving. And, let's be real here, most times (especially Thanksgiving), we have a tendency to get a bit "off track".  Weekends and holidays really seem to throw our 'diets' off track and that can lead to anger, depression, and overall just poor feelings.

We DON'T NEED to feel this way! Not only believing that it's all or nothing is unhealthy, I believe that diets can be unhealthy, too. 

WHOA! 
What?

Diets can be extremely restricting and, although results may show fast and extreme - is that lifestyle the best for you?  Meaning, are you also going to be able to enjoy life's moments, or holidays, or celebrations, without undo'ing your hard work?  And, if you do get a bit off track, are you feeling okay about it or does it lead to feelings of shame and disappointment in yourself? 

I think life is too beautiful and amazing to allow those feelings creep in. And, yes, there are foods that I LOVE (helllllo popcorn!) that I will allow myself to have...and perhaps get off track with at times...without letting it negatively effective me or making me believe that I have to re-start completely over. It's all about letting that πŸ’© go and moving on.

Let's break it down...we are all different, uniquely and amazingly different, so why would one diet that works for someone also work for you?  And why, if you do get a bit off track, start to completely limit yourself in order to re-start your diet? Would you believe that you can enjoy a 80/20 rule lifestyle and feel amazingly & wonderfuly happy about it all the while being healthy!? It's a win-win in my books.

If you are interested in learning more - please take a listen to our podcast HERE. And, if you are ready to try this non-diet healthy living (both inside & out!), you should check out my VIRTUAL GYM!

xoxo

Jen & Darren Delvaux

No comments:

Post a Comment