Your body is SO powerful! And our detoxification system is just as strong & amazing! But, in this modern age of technology and pollutions, it is also under a lot of strain! Why not add some things to your diet to help you rid of these toxins naturally?
Pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, heavy metals, chemicals, and stress can all strain your natural detoxification systems. It’s like one person is mopping the floor while another is stomping around the kitchen in muddy boots.
The best and safest way to detox is to eat real, healthy foods.
The easiest and first thing you should do is to start your day with a glass of spring water - and the juice of one freshly squeezed lemon. This helps flush out the toxins and alkalizes the body. You can also add a couple of tables spoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of spring water.
My other tips:
- Drink a freshly made vegetable juice daily! Include lots of greens such as kale, spinach, and cilantro. I love to start my day with a juice made with apples, carrot, lemon, ginger, turmeric, beetroot, kale & cilantro. My favorite juicer is the Breville Juicer!
- Eliminate toxic oils from your diet. Toxic oils can include vegetable oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, cotton seed oil, and canola oil. Substitute with good oils such as extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, hemp oil, and flaxseed oil.
- Drink green tea and herbal teas. My favorites are Yogi Green Tea Antioxidant, Celebration Herbals (milk thistle seed), Tea Forte (essential greens). I use the SMEG water heater -- it heats water super fast and without the use of the microwave!
- Eat more raw fruits, herbs, and vegetables. These boost liver health with anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral effects. They are also high in fiber. Anything with great sources of chlorophyll is also a top detoxifying plant pigment. (This is Darren's favorite chlorophyll drops, too, for an added kick). You can check out KOR shots (click HERE) for an awesome way to get these benefits in daily.
- Minimize or eliminate white sugar, white flour, white bread products! In our bread products, even the wheat, you may find a lot of sugar, flour, and unclean ingredients. I eat Ezekial bread, which you may be interested in checking out, too! They have an awesome assortment of muffins, breads, cereals, etc.
- Take a probiotic supplement. You can also eat foods that contain live cultures, such as cultured vegetables, Greek Yogurt, or kefir. These products can kill harmful bacteria and the yeasts help the lining of your intestines.
- Eat legumes and less meat, fish, and poultry.
- Breath deeply, walk, smile, laugh, be happy and remove toxic people from your life! Find the positive in every day and move your body! This will all help to reduce stress and the stress chemicals in your body. You can also check out my Virtual Gym for online support/motivation from positive people or join my Mindfulness & Personal Development group for more!
- For more on mindful eating and nutrition help, be sure to check out the 131-Method (a TOTAL game changer with nutrition and clean eating).
Your friend & coach,